- Tech, OC'ing, SEO and more
- Hits: 11510
The basics of SEO.
The does and don't of SEO, some practices are heavily advertised on the internet regarding SEO. When caught in the act you will get a penalty and the likes of Google tend to remember those offenders for a long time. Whatever you do stay away from so-called "black hat" practices like a contagious decease.
Black hat & no go of SEO.
- Stuffing of meta-tags relevant or not and never exceeds 20 meta tags.
- Hiding random text stuffed with keywords like using white text on a white background.
- Pay for links to your site also known as link farms.
- Involvement in a PBN, Private Blog Network resulting in linking loops.
- Posting your website link on websites and blogs that are not relevant to your content.
- Certain SEO tools that claim to offer automated link building.
Good SEO practices.
- Content is king, quality of the content you serve is key.
- Use your social media to gain exposure to your content & backlinks.
- Try to use SEO writing, the hardest learning curve of SEO.
- Guest writing on websites with a higher authority.
- Correct use of HTML markup such as header text.
- Using a CDN, Content Delivery Network.
- Enable Gzip on your server.
- SEO friendly URL's also known as SEF.
- Prevent broken links, basic maintenance of checking linked content.
- Minify HTML, CSS and Java scripts, reducing page size increasing loading speeds.
- And then, I will go through the above in greater detail below.