- Hits: 6753
Northern Realms Gwent Deck.
In the final stage of the game trying to complete quests such as High Stakes can be a challenge and should only be done after collection of all the Hero Gwent cards that can be obtained by various quests during linked above. By now you should have gained substantial playtime with the Northern Realms deck and for many probably your go-to deck when playing more challenging Gwent quests. Not much will change over the above described overarching strategy you will do pretty much the same but with a more powerful deck more tailored to that overarching strategy. Some key features listed below.
- Minimalistic deck: Only bring the bare minimum of cards, that of 22 unit cards and 10 Special cards.
- Spy playstyle: Using Spy cards(4 in total) to gain the advantage by simply overwhelming your opponents with more cards.
- Biting Frost: With a full frontline of hero's that are not affected by Biting Frost except for your Spy cards and the Villentretenmerth card.
- Scorch tactics: Using the special Scorch cards and the Villentretenmerth card to remove the opponent's cards.
- Swarm Tactics: Using 2 sets of Muster cards to gain a high probability of getting at least one Muster card to play one card to gain 3 to 4 cards that can be buffed with the Commanders Horn.
- Leader card makes it almost impossible to be affected by opponents Weather cards.
Deck Composition: 22 Unit cards, of which are 8 Hero cards, 10 special cards, with the total strength of 144.
Ranged Units:(3 x Gaunter O'Dimm Darkness)
Siege Unit cards:(2 x Catapult)
Weather cards: (2 x biting Frost)
Special cards: ( 3 x Decoy, 3 x Commanders Horn, 2 x Scorch)
Very strong deck setup with a bit of luck getting to play all your Spy cards multiple times and soaking up some opponent spy cards combined with the Decoy cards. If you are do not have Decoy cards left you can opt to use the Medic cards to play more Spy cards in the next round(s). All in all, you can play 4 spy cards from your initial deck, then recover 3 more Spy cards with your Decoy's and play 2 Medic cards to regain 2 more Spy cards for a whopping total of 28 cards. Of course, this will be rare but it shows what potential this deck has with just using this tactic. Your Close Combat cards being mostly comprised of Hero's will make it impossible to be vulnerable to Scorch or Biting Frost. But be aware this will not block Scorch type cards from hitting your other none Hero cards. If you have Decoy cards leftover you could opt to use them on the Dun Banner Medic cards to recover cards from a previous round or Scorched cards. As well as using Decoy cards on the Villentretenmerth card. Another nice feature here is the Gaunter O'Dimm Muster cards but remember only Gaunter O'Dimm(Siege card) will play the Gaunter O'Dimm Darkness cards and not the other way around. The Commanders Horn cards will do nicely on your Siege cards especially if you can draw both Catapult cards. But be aware that boosting none Hero cards will make them vulnerable to Scorch cards so it would be wise to play the Commanders Horn when an opponent has passed around or has no cards left to play. Also, make sure that if you are affected by an opponent weather cards to remove the debuff before playing Biting Forst cards or you will remove your own Biting Frost. There is one card I did not manage to get and that is the Phillippa Eilhart Hero card you could opt to replace Triss Merigold if you do have it since it has a strength of 10 over the strength of 7.