- Tech, OC'ing, SEO and more
- Hits: 53033
User Rating: 5 / 5
Zen + is a great improvement over the Zen 1 architecture so running DDR4 can be done with a QVL XMP profile. The ASUS ROG Strix X370-F Gaming is only validated for 3200 MHz but a good kit of 3466 MHz with Samsung B-die, Micron E-die or Hynix C-die(CJR) should be no problem. Important to note here that it is the Infinity Fabric that is unstable not the actual memory kit. However, higher speed kits might not run at the rated XMP speed it is therefore wise to test out any RAM kit first before applying any CPU overclock. If you can not run the rated speed, set a base speed of 2133 MHz. In the case of doubt stick to the QVL for your motherboard, a list of validated RAM kits can be found on the website for your motherboard vendor.
Ryzen 2600 and Precision Boost Overdrive 2.0.
This is an AMD automatic overclocking feature while this did not return the results hoped for it was included in this guide to make it complete. For the best results ensure you have a 3rd party cooler and good case airflow.
There some settings in the BIOS that can be adjusted to use AMD's Precision Boost Overdrive 2.0 to gain the best results some tweaks are needed for a longer boost duration and overriding some limitation from within the BIOS.
- Precision Boost Overdrive: Set to manual to adjust settings.
- PPT Limit: The maximum for your motherboard by simple entering 99999 it will autocorrect to the maximum value for your particular motherboard.
- TDC Limit: The maximum for your motherboard by simple entering 99999 it will autocorrect to the maximum value for your particular motherboard.
- EDC Limit: The maximum for your motherboard by simple entering 99999 it will autocorrect to the maximum value for your particular motherboard.
- Precision Boost Overdrive Scalar: Increase the maximum boost voltage and time when using that particular boost value. For this motherboard Scalar 1 ~ 7 used a save voltage
- Custom Precision Boost Overdrive Scalar: Scalar multiplier use a value of 7 or less.
- Max CPU Boost Clock Override: Maximum value for Core Boost use the highest setting.
- Platform Thermal Throttle Limit: Set to Manual.
- Platform Thermal Throttle Limit*: Set to thermal value in Celcius, use 80 ~ 90.